Sunday, July 22, 2012

Labour and Wait





















 

I felt like a child in a candy store the minute I went inside Labour and Wait. glass Jars, pure linen dishtowels, beautiful enamel bowls, pots and mugs. Every classic household item you can think of.

Brooms, buckets and dusters, many of which one could find in Mexico City's markets and street stalls, somehow presented as design pieces, carefully selected to be part of a well curated collection of timeless objects.
Labour and Wait was intended as a place to buy functional, well designed, high quality products, at a time when most retailers were tending towards cheap, disposable low quality items. I couldn't agree more with this philosophy.

After quite a few hours well spent, I left the store with a beautiful vintage linen tablecloth, a classic falcon milk pot for my enamel collection, two classic french striped Armor lux breton shirts for the kids and an addition to my list of impossible-to-travel-with items that I wish I could have bought: a gorgeous enamel sink that would have been perfect for our Kitchen in Valle de Bravo.

Let us, then, be up and doing,
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labour and to wait.
 
A Psalm Of Life 
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow










Labour and Wait
85 Redchurch Street  London,
Greater London E2 7DJ 



No comments: